WELCOME TO OUR FARM GARDEN!
This blog is to record the progress of "the farm" at "Balmoral Park".It is our plan to grow a garden and be somewhat self sufficient while we enjoy the tranquility of the Australian bush.
Come in through the back gate and enjoy your visit.
Chocolate cake
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
The finished result of the chocolate cake with berries from the garden for decoration. A very good cake and supposedly better the second day. I'll keep you posted!
Puppy proofing my garden so the adorable Elle does not do too much damage! This is the result of my leaving a pot plant at ground level on the back porch. She is having a rest after her gardening!
So I have finished tidying up and filling in the spaces in the first of the back terraced beds. I feel this is going to be a lengthy process, but rewarding. There were a lot of spaces to fill in as this bed had been almost completely destroyed by the drought but fortunately there is also a resurgence of volunteer plants in the garden and some survivors that I haven't seen for a few years are making their way back as well. The Coriander has gone to seed several times and is rewarding me a with a veritable carpet of coriander, these volunteer plants seem to be so much hardier than those that I buy or the first crop from new seeds. I guess they have acclimatized. I will have coriander and lime ready for Easter so there will be some Asian inspired dishes on the menu. There is also Italian Parsley coming up everywhere, its not as advanced as the coriander but will last much longer and the bees just love the flowers. It will fill a lot of spaces up. The Dill is not as prolific but...
Peter grew up on a Turkey farm so we always intended to breed turkeys when we had the space. what we didn't know was how rare they had become and how hard it is to get any turkeys other than white ones. We started off with what was supposed to be a breeding trio but poor old Bruce was well past his use by date. We later found some turkey chicks, white and slate grey, they have formed out breeding stock so far.We hope to find some blue and bourbon reds as well when we have a bit more time to put to this task. Our first lot of turkey chicks were a bit tragic as we had not realized that they can be very careless mothers and actually just knock the chickens over. Turkey chicks are not as robust as our backyard , crossbreed chickens. Our last lot of turkeys hatched out just after Christmas and the mother threw the first one out of the nest. Zoe and I rescued it and brought it into the house. As each egg hatched we also rescued them and ended up raising them in a box, with a light fo...
Comments