Peppermint Slice Recipe

Don't  you love it when you find a new recipe that is simple and delicious!
Zoe brought some of this home at Christmas, one of her colleagues had given it to her. We all really liked it. I asked for the recipe thinking it would be quite complex. Its not at all. I made it for the first time on Saturday to take to a friends place for dinner. It was a big hit. Fortunately I hid some away in the crisper of the fridge so we can have some for our guests tonight. Peter ate all the bits that he could find while I was away.
I used 70% dark chocolate with mint from Aldi and used about 180 grams for the base and half milk chocolate with the dark mint for the topping. I didn't have any peppermint essence and it still taste minty enough to my mind.
Chocolate Peppermint Slice


1 pkt (250g) plain chocolate biscuits (Chocolate Ripple)

Melt 125g margarine/butter with 1/2 tin condensed milk.  When very hot, add pieces of 1 family block Cadbury Peppermint cream chocolate.  Stir until melted and add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence.  Add crushed biscuits (I do mine in the food processor so that it is fine).  Line slice tin with Glad bake and spread mixture over.  Allow to cool and set in frig.  Melt desired amount of dk or milk chocolate  (approx. 250g) and a little copha and pour over base.  Refrigerate.  Bring back to room temp. to cut so that it doesn't crack.  Store in frig.  
Thanks to Zoe's colleague for the recipe.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An abundance of eggs

On my mind

Lotions and Potions