My Giant Vegetables




We continue to have rain at regular intervals so far this year so our garden is a very different place. Lush green growth everywhere. This despite some extremely cold weather and hard frosts.
I had two trombocino vines that survived the hot dry January and went on to produce a huge crop. We were eating them up until the end of May. About that time I found a few huge Trombocinos that were hiding under bushes or in the long grass so I decided to let them grow, just to see what would happen. They grew into Giants! Peter measured the longest one and it was a metre and a half long. At the moment they are decorating my garden but I am thinking I might cook one to see what it is like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An abundance of eggs

On my mind

Fried Zucchini Flower Recipe