Rhubarb and Chocolate Muffins

The other week I saw some chocolate and rhubarb Muffins in a cafe. As I am often looking for ways to use our lovely rhubarb I thought I would have a go at making some. I searched the Internet and my recipe collection but could not find any recipes that looked promising so I thought I would make up my own.
Recipe
Ingredients
1 cup plain wholemeal flour
1 cup ground almonds
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup of buttermilk (or you could use yogurt)
2 eggs
100g chocolate, melted
1 cup rhubarb cut into 2cm pieces

Put all dry ingredients in bowl then fold in eggs, buttermilk and chocolate, add the rhubarb, put into muffin tins and bake at 180 for about 35-40 minutes  .

I think they turned out well but would be nicer with dark chocolate.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An abundance of eggs

On my mind

Fried Zucchini Flower Recipe