Passionfruit Curd

Yesterday it felt like I spent the whole day dealing with the produce from the garden. I made some Passata from the tomatoes, to go with the Trombocinos in a lasagna for dinner. Then I discovered some corn that was really past its best so decided to make some Corn Relish. Once removed from the cobs there was about a kilo of kernels and the chooks also got a nice lot of corn for their dinner.
The corn relish tastes good but may be a little bit chewy. I will leave it for a bit to see what happens.

There are loads of passionfruits at the moment on the new and old vines. I have frozen some, given some away and we are eating lots. I decided to make a batch of passionfruit curd which used up a lot and eight eggs as well.

Passionfruit Curd
 One cup of passionfruit pulp
1/2 cup caster sugar
250 g butter
8 eggs

Place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. You don't want the bowl to touch the water. Dissolve sugar and melt butter into the passionfruit pulp.
Lightly beat the eggs and strain them, then stirring constantly stir them into the passion fruit mixture.
Continue stirring over the heat until thick. Bottle and keep in the fridge.
After that I made up a batch of Bread and Butter Cucumbers using  
Rhonda's recipe




Time to relax, watching My Kitchen Rules! 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An abundance of eggs

On my mind

Fried Zucchini Flower Recipe