Some Favourite Recipes for children (and big kids too)

Whenever we are having children to stay I make a double batch of my choc chip and oatmeal cookies. Always popular with children and adults alike and quite a healthy cookie I think. I didn't discover these until after my girls were grown up so they used to get the much less healthy version. It didnt seem to do them any harm.
Choc chip and oatmeal cookies
Ingredients
150 grams softened butter
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 egg
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 1/3 cups rolled oats
1 cup choc chips

To make
cream the butter and sugar
add vanilla and egg
add flour and baking powder and mix
stir in rolled oats and choc hips
form into balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
press down with a fork
Bake at 180 degrees until golden
You might as well make a double batch they will be gone in a flash
While cooking for Jemima last time she was here i made an old fashioned pasta and salmon bake. I used to make this a lot when the girls were little. I hadn't realised that it was one of Peter's favourites so even though I think of it as nursery food it is back on our menu.
To make you cook up some pasta, about a cup of uncooked, as per directions
Drain and set aside.
Make a nice white sauce and add some grated cheese to it.
Mix a large tin of red Salmon through the sauce and pour over the pasta in an oven proof dish.
sprinkle the top with some nice sourdough bread crumbs and a bit more cheese.
Bake in the oven until the cheese and breadcrumbs are nice and brown.
If this is too bland, serve with some chilli jam or a nice relish.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An abundance of eggs

On my mind

Fried Zucchini Flower Recipe