Celebrating coriander


At last I have enough coriander to pick and make a difference in flavour to something I am cooking. In celebration of this I made my standby pantry thai style fish cakes for dinner.
 These are easy to make and taste pretty good. Of course if you have fresh salmon you could use that instead.
Ingredients
2 200 g cans of red salmon
2 eggs
2 small chillis (or to taste)
4 tablespoons of fresh coriander
4 tablespoons shredded coconut
1 tsp five spice powder
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 tablespoon fish sauce
4 spring onions
oil for frying
What you do
simply put it all in the food processor and give it a quick whiz until it is a chunky sort of paste
refrigerate for about half an hour
then form into small balls and fry

I served these with a  rice vermicelli salad consisiting of soaked vermicelli, lots of julienned radishes fresh from the garden, a few turnip tops, a julienned capsicum, mint, and more coriander, tossed with a sauce made of caster sugar, water, lemon juice, chilli sauce and fish sauce.
Delicous. Cant wait to pick more coriander.

 



Comments

Anonymous said…
Since I discovered Asian dishes I can not imagine those without coriander.The fragrance of it has something so oriental and magic.
U put it to great use as well;)

Popular posts from this blog

An abundance of eggs

On my mind

Fried Zucchini Flower Recipe