Spring is coming

There are lots of signs of spring in the garden at the moment despite the fact that the weather is still pretty cold. There was a big frost again this morning.
The Asparagus started shooting a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday there was enough to pick for our dinner. It grows much more slowly at this time of the year and is really sweet and succulent. There should be enough for another meal by the weekend. I am looking forward to some steamed asparagus with a poached egg on top.

 The almond trees are the first to have blossoms, they are very pretty. I hope we actually get some almonds this year. Last year I think it was just too wet and humid for them.

A friend gave me these pretty little pots to put flowers in, the look beautiful with these Grevillias in them and just right on the old marble topped stand.

We have seven lambs now and one more ewe to lamb.

Comments

Kim said…
Oh Anne, I am so envious of your asparagus ...it has been one my 'one day vegs' I was going to plant but just had to find the right spot.
Where do you grow yours, in a set vege plot away from everything else?

Popular posts from this blog

An abundance of eggs

On my mind

Fried Zucchini Flower Recipe