New Beginnings

Well it has been a very long while but I have decided to stay with this old Blog instead of creating a new one. The past few years have held many challenges for us, another drought, the summer from hell that all of Australia endured, a very busy working life, however here we are mid 2020! We have both left full time employment and are  now full time here on our little farm, which presents us with many new opportunities. The drought has broken for now, which brings renewed hope for our garden and farm. Our house is pretty much fully renovated, as much as an old place like this can ever be finished!
Since finishing work at the end of February I have had the time and energy to create a little business out of my enduring passions for baking and baking sourdough bread. I thought I would see how it went selling via orders on Social Media and having people drive out here to collect their orders! Five weeks in and its going well.  
I have been a passionate cook for as long as I can remember, largely self taught I have followed my instincts, recipe books and more latterly cooking shows and YouTube videos! I now feel like I have the time to pursue the perfection I seek in baking and cannot describe how satisfying I find it to really master technical baking. At the moment other than cooking delicious food from our produce for us to eat I am  occupied by the many challenges of sourdough baking and as a counterpoint the intricacies of French Patisserie! 
I am not a Corona-virus convert to sourdough as I have been baking in this way for over seventeen years now and it is such a joy to have the time to really master the art of sourdough and bake a reasonably large amount of loaves to a consistent standard on a regular basis. The development of the business is  in no small part related to the fact that neither our waistlines or bank balance can sustain the level of baking I want to do to achieve the desired standard. So I am sharing the bounty with those in our local community who would like to buy it. This allows me to continue to develop my skills and to use premium ingredients. Lets face it without the use of great ingredients Artisan baking becomes just like any other mass produced product.   
And so I thought I would like to share a little more of the journey of  the bakery https://www.facebook.com/balmoralparkfarmkitchen   with you and maybe a bit about farm and garden life as we go along. I hope you enjoy the read and follow along on Facebook and Instagram as well.  I hope to write regularly and include photos, recipes and opportunities to attend some classes here. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An abundance of eggs

On my mind

Lotions and Potions